400HP 500 Lb/Ft and 110MPG from 20YO Mustang

WindsorFo

Michael Johnson

I wanna know if I can put his gizmo om NY 20 yo Mustang...

Reply to
WindsorFo

GILL

Yeah well, his factory opened this moth and he says he is manufacturing engines to be ready for the 2010 model year.

Reply to
WindsorFo

"He said he has more than quadrupled the industry average engine efficiency of about 8 percent."

LOL wut? it's not 8 percent. It's not great but it isn't that bad.

It's writers like this that make so many myths that our all-powerful rulers then think to be reality for their next round of legislation.

visiting the hp2g website only made me more convinced of the BS factor.

Reply to
Brent

Yeah... I with you on the BS factor!!! Not a single picture of the Mustang with the hood open... I mean you can give us a glance of this miracle motor without giving away your trade secrets!

If I remember correctly the skeptics were basically saying he was just doing some basic math to calculate the high MPG rating... something along the lines of figuring out how much actual gas he was using since it's running on E85, you don't count the whole gallon of fuel...

I wonder what happens when he actually has to deliver his product!

Reply to
John S.

I was going to say that, but then couldn't find anything to back up that's what he was doing... the math works out perfectly for a V8 mustang. Only count the 15% gasoline and the fuel economy works out right around what he's claiming considering the natural mpg drop for E85. (less energy per unit volume) Just calculate fuel economy normally and divide by .15

He'll claim his company was destroyed by big oil. Not that big oil hasn't done nasty things, I am sure they have, but it's become cover for every failed idea and scam that fell apart.

Reply to
Brent

i think this is BS too. If he does have an engine that can get 110 mpg, and be something you want in your engine bay, then he wouldn't be supplying a small specialty company a handful of engines. He would have auto and/or investment companies beating down his door. This is just the latest in a long line of people that claim to have the "silver Bullet" engine/add-on that will free us from the chains of the oil companies.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Hes going into production and donsent have the patents in place ???? SCAM !!!!

Also from

If anyone knows about my ordeal with this joker then I won't need to get into the story. Anyway, this is the same guy that invented the Valley girdle pro and you can take a stock block to 900h.p. and 7500rpm. He's a con/scam artist and will take your money quicker then you can blink. Then if you get your money back via a chargeback because he sold you junk, he will sue you in his hometown and then send the judgement to a collection agency to hound you. I went to his town to fight him (had a pretty solid case) but the judge (probably friend) ruled that the block he sold me (with a hole in it) was as described in his advertisement. Just beware of this guy, that's all I'm going to say...he like to threaten that he will sue everyone on this site as well. There's a reason he's banned from here and his i.d. has been banned from ebay as well. Steve

Reply to
Mackly

Inspired by this report, I've been attempting to bring my more recent Mustang up to snuff.

Cruise control set at the indicated MPH, this is a straight-up photo taken this morning at 0959 hours, approaching the Jacumba exit from I-8 eastbound. Ambient temperature was mid-80s, mild quartering head-wind.

If I get the right offer, I might divulge my secret.

It's a 2009 GT/CS manual-shift car, only 300-and-a-bit horsepower (K&N Typhoon cooler air intake [CARB EO Number: D-269-32], M-5230-GTA mufflers, BamaChips torque tune), and nowhere near the MPG yet, but I'm working on it.

Just for the record, I took the Jacumba off-ramp, dawdled at 25 MPH through that town, through Boulevard, through Live Oak Springs, 50-55 MPH between-times, and back on the I-8, this time heading west. Lowered the cruise frome 70 to 65 MPH when the limit came down near Lakeside, changed to State 125 then 52 west at Grossmont summit and Santee, respectively, and home (about a mile on surface streets after exit from the freeway, when the computer read 31.8 Average MPG) where the display showed 30.8 MPG.

Not in the same league as the Subject's accomplishments, but not bad for hauling a 3500-pound car with the aerodynamics of a mildly modified brick from an elevation of about 300 feet up to and over three crests above 4,000 feet and back.

Do y'think someone will want to take it away from me as wasteful, some day?

Reply to
Frank ess

I don't know if I'd be holdin' my breath on this one Frank. We've all heard stories of "Fish Carburetors, etc." before.

On the other hand I *do* think it's possible to make significant positive changes in the MPG's we all usually get by altering our driving techniques. Your 54 MPG proves that but I'm not sure you'd want to drive like that for very long.

I read a story about extreme MPG driving techniques. Some of it sounds downright dangerous.

Reply to
Paddy's Pig

Reply to
noname