5.0 into 66

Anyone out there ever put a 5.0 into a 65-66 Mustang? I'm doing it (1990 Merc Grand Marquis into 1966). I'm wondering what motor mounts to use. Thanks in advance.

Gary in NC

Reply to
gcroix

Use the '66 mounts.

Reply to
Scott Williams

Lemme clarify, use 66 or later mounts.

Reply to
Scott Williams

Seem to remember a Mustang Monthly article about this swap a few years ago. Ford was selling the 5.0 engine complete for this swap. But, you can't find the complete factory motor they were selling anymore. It'll have to be cobbled together on your own.

Paul

Reply to
GPF

They do. It's the same block. The difference is the EFI stuff on top. It bolts in the exact same way as the original block. The early motor mounts, IIRC, 65 and earlier aren't as durable. OEM 67 mounts are actually different than 66's and '68 up, but they're interchangeable. No worries.

Reply to
Scott Williams

Yeah? You've done this swap? I think I'd read in an article somewhere that

68 and up worked.

Reply to
gcroix

goto

They do that.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

No way!

67 up mounts are totally different from the 65 and 66 mounts.

The original 66 mounts can be reused if in good condition, or buy new 66 mounts. No big issue.

C8oe

Reply to
W3tac8oe

No way!

Stop worrying about the mounts, it's not an issue.

C8oe

Reply to
W3tac8oe

If you'd read my posts entirely, you would have seen that I said the '67's were different but entirely interchangeable.

So why make it one?

Reply to
Scott Williams

Yes they will. Prove me wrong. Go ahead.

I'm not. Again, if you'd paid attention you would have read that the OP was asking specifically about what motor mounts to use. I gave him an array of choices, including the original mounts.

Reply to
Scott Williams

A piece of wood about 7" long would work too, no doubt. Try it.

C8oe

Reply to
W3tac8oe