5.0L Water pump installation

First time installing a new water pump on a new long block.

Got a crate 302 that needs a water pump. I have the correct pump for my application (Edelbrock reverse rotation of 5.0 serpentine). It comes with a new gasket and a new backing plate.

Since this is a new motor and I don't have the luxury of seeing how an old one was installed, I seek some experience here.

The supplied gasket goes between the pump body and the backing plate. Is there another gasket needed between the backing plate and the timing gear cover?

may seem like a dumb question but I haven't done a Windsor before.

Thanks for the indulgence

Jeff Davison

Reply to
Jeffrey Davison