$6,500 off sticker price

In yesterday's Boston Globe I saw a dealer add taking $6,500 off of

2003 in stock Mach 1's. They had 3 in stock when I checked their web site, and they have been there for close to 3 months. I would never have expected to see such a deep discount on this limited production Stang. Martin 2002GT 5spd AutoMeter Lunar gauge cluster Hurat Billet plus shifter K&N Magnaflow Cat back 1986 Fiero GT 4 spd - 4 sale
Reply to
Martin

That is todays car market. Incentives are part of the game no matter what the model is. This is what is killing DC. The Germans just are not use to playing the game that way. The sad part is for most cars it just gets the price down to where it should have been anyway. For example I just got a

2003 GMC Sonoma ZR2 for a winter beater. The sticker on it was $27,700 but I got it for $19,100. IMO there is now way my truck is actualy worth almost $28K. I'd say its really should be in the $21-$22k range which is where it would have been from just the rebates. I think these rebates are going to really bite people in the arse in the long run. For example my CU loans up to the sticker price of the car/truck. So if you get a big old rebate it helps cover what most people go upside down on their trade in. So they just keep rolling over debt from cars back. Also the large rebates are whats hurting used car prices and driving down trade in values. Again take my truck as example. I just saw an ad for a 2002 version that they were asking $20,000 for. Now who is going to take a one year old truck with 12,000 miles for the same money you can go get a brand new one for?

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

Must be nice! ;>)

Have you seen the large numbers of cars sitting on Used Car Lots lately ??

What would be REAL nice is if they would start selling these cars cheaper! But like MadDawg said, who want's to pay the HIGH price for a Used car when you can buy a New Car just as cheap!

This cycle CAN'T go on indefinitely!

I wonder how the Used Car market is gonna respond to this glut of used cars ????

ERIC

89 5.0 LX Vert, Cobra long block, 2.5" O/R H-pipe, 2.73s w/Locker 40 Series Deltas and some kinda Wild Assed Cam!

Check out the Ford Engine Heaven!

Katmandu

Pretty sad but I get more use of the winter beater than I do the Stang. Between the weather screwing up 1/2 the year (or more), and all the other reasons not to drive the Stang I should just sell the darn thing.

It has tanked a lot around me. Its nice for the buyer, but if your the seller it makes it a real PITA. The ones getting hurt the worst are the private sellers.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

yeah the used car a-holes.. trying to sell a used 2003 cobra with 12k miles for 31,000 when you can get a new, severly discounted one for 29800. many of the used dealers just blow you off. I have had used dealers emailing me for weeks knocking another $500 off the price of their cars each week.. I tell 'em. I want the price around 27k, they laugh. I tell them I won't buy a car after 10/10/03 so make the offer good next time they email. It is definitely a buyer's market out there.

davez

Reply to
Efizz