65 R Model gauge sizes?

The R model bezel uses 2 sizes of gauges (ooOOoo).... looking for the correct size to use to convert from 2+2 oem bezel to R .... V'ger

1965 Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black A Code 4 spd 1966 Fastback 2+2 White w/Red C Code Auto
Reply to
V'ger

IIRC the two center gauges are 3" and the 4 small gauges are 1 5/8'. I know Mustangs Plus sells the R instrument panel you could call/email those guys.

bill

64.5: 260, 3 sp, a/c, SVO cam, Performer, Holley 390, Pertronix, Hi-Po exhaust, 1.5" front & 1" rear drop, Jacobs wires, Torq D's 66: '93 5.0, C4, a/c, ps, Performer RPM, Holley 600, Pertronix, bench seat

Colt SP1,Sig P220, Moss. 590A1, Marlin 70P

Reply to
bill

Thanks Bill.

Mustangs Plus is where I was looking at the bezel, but there was no mention of gauge sizes, and I didn't think to contact MP about it....

I was thinking of using that bezel, or go with the JME version, which comes complete and runs about $800.00. But funds are a bit limited so when I saw that bezel I thought it might be considerable cheaper and just as effective.

Aga>>The R model bezel uses 2 sizes of gauges (ooOOoo).... looking for the

V'ger

1965 Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black A Code 4 spd 1966 Fastback 2+2 White w/Red C Code Auto
Reply to
V'ger

I've been planning on doing the same thing, just waiting for our budget situation to allow "fun money" expenses.

bill

64.5: 260, 3 sp, a/c, SVO cam, Performer, Holley 390, Pertronix, Hi-Po exhaust, 1.5" front & 1" rear drop, Jacobs wires, Torq D's

66: '93 5.0, C4, a/c, ps, Performer RPM, Holley 600, Pertronix, bench seat

Colt SP1,Sig P220, Moss. 590A1, Marlin 70P

Reply to
bill

V'ger

1965 Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black A Code 4 spd 1966 Fastback 2+2 White w/Red C Code Auto
Reply to
V'ger

I was thinking these might look good plus they come with green bulb covers which would give you a semi-original look. Auto Meter Street Rod Gauges in Arctic White:

The same gauges in "designer black" don't look too bad either:
Then their Phantom gauges aren't bad either:
Or the Sport Comps:
But, then VDO isn't bad either....

or...

In other words, no I haven't been able to make my mind up. If JME wasn't so outrageous theirs would be a no brainer. I could swear I had heard of someone who put aftermarket gauges into a standard '66 instrument panel but I can't find anything about it. I thought it was in a Mustang Monthly or Mustangs and Fords. IIRC it looked really sweet except that there wasn't room for a tach.

bill

64.5: 260, 3 sp, a/c, SVO cam, Performer, Holley 390, Pertronix, Hi-Po exhaust, 1.5" front & 1" rear drop, Jacobs wires, Torq D's

66: '93 5.0, C4, a/c, ps, Performer RPM, Holley 600, Pertronix, bench seat

Colt SP1,Sig P220, Moss. 590A1, Marlin 70P

Reply to
bill

V'ger

1965 Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black A Code 4 spd 1966 Fastback 2+2 White w/Red C Code Auto
Reply to
V'ger

Agreed the JME is WAAAAYYYY out there pricewise, but going from billet stock to finished product complete doesn't come cheap.....and apparently theirs is really good quality and total. A lot depends on how much I want to pay for gauges.... really pricey or a good product that works and is still within range of my credit limits; ) I have considered going with the R model bezel for now, and later sell it to someone when I can afford the JME... IF at that point I am not happy with the R. Otherwise it's ralleypak or dashpod. Personally I'd rather have everything right ahead of me (short of HUD).

Got so much to do to this car.... 3 po>>Have you already picked out which gauges you would use?