66 Mustang exhaust ground clearance

Does anyone have experience with 66 Mustang shorty tube exhause systems? I want to achieve maximum performance and ground clearance. Please advise!

Reply to
FastRedStang

I have Heddman shorties and those are best headers (and still not too expensive like JBA's)that fit to my 1966 289 Mustang with 4-speed manual. Installation was not very easy, I had to modify clutch equalizer bar and other clutch linkage components. Now when in place those headers fit perfectly to my Edelbrock heads and overall quality is awesome. I think if you have C4 automatic transmission installation will be much easier.

ak from Finland

Reply to
ak