66 mustang wheels swap

I have some very nice wheels that I can pick up very cheap but they are 5 lug. Can I swap out 4 lug drums for 5 lug drums without much hassle?

-Joe

66 white coupe 200ci

PS: I should have some pics within the next week that I will link to...

Reply to
Desert Lurker

Depends on what you call a hassle.

IIRC the front spindles on '66's differ from V8 to I6 so they need to be swapped. That being said the biggest problem is swapping the 4 bolt intregral carrier rear axle that the I6 uses to a V8 cars 8" unit to get the 5 bolt rear axle. It may be possible to swap 5 bolt rear axle half shafts later Falcons used but I don't have any specifics and axle length and bearing sizes need to be compared. StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

No, you need a 5 lug 8 inch rear and 5 lug front spindles, I suppose you could redrill the 4 lug stuff but it wouldn't be much more difficult to upgrade to V8 5 lug stuff, including brakes,etc.

Reply to
winze