'66 parking brake handle

I need to replace the handle but there is a metal piece behind the set screw. Does anyone know how to remove this?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
majcrash

What set screw? I remember a knurled shear pin that has to be driven through the handle. It falls into the hollow center of the brake tube. Usually the handle has a metal sleeve that becomes quite found of the hollow metal brake tube( rust). Usually I split the handle with a dremel cut-off wheel then peel the old handle off.

Reply to
walt peifer