68 mustang VIN

Hello everyone,

I just got a '68 Mustang and I'm trying to decode the VIN Tag. I got most of it already but there are a couple I'm still missing.

This is the tag I'm trying to decode.

(had to retouch it because the photowas unreadable)

This is what I've got so far:

Warranty Number: 8T01C165206 Year: 1968 Plant:Metuchen, NJ Body Series: 2 Door Hardtop Engine: 289 2v V8 Unit: 165206 Miscellaneous Vehicle Data Body:2 Door Hardtop, Standard Interior Color: Seafoam Green Trim: Lt. Ivy Gold Crinkle Vinyl and Ivy Gold Kiwi Vinyl, Standard Interior Date: February 09, 1968 D.S.O: Washington Axle: Trans: PS = Power Steering MC = Middle Console SP = Stereo Tape System FM/AM/8-track I'm still missing two things. The 455 in the upper left corner and that ACOND in the middle (I'm guessing it's Air Conditioner, but since the car has no A/C currently I'm not sure)

The car has power brakes with front discs, in case it helps.

I'd appreciate any help, thanks.

Cesar

Reply to
CHP

Well, only AM/8-track for 1968, no FM...........Check your center dash area above the radio for AC vents...If they are there, then the car could have come with AC....If they are not, then someone may have taken it out for another car............Finally, the 455 is a rotation code for the line...................To better find out how your car originally left the assembly line, I highly suggest contacting Kevin Marti at Marti's Autoworks:

Get the deluxe (not the elite) report...............

Bill S.

CHP wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Thanks a lot. Yes, the vents are there. Left of the steering wheel there is also a part with 3 sliders that I thought was only for the heater, is this also the A/C control?

Cesar

Reply to
CHP