69 & 70 Rimblow Steering Wheel

Is there a difference between the core units of 69 & 70 Rimblow Steering Wheel? I've managed to get hold of a 69 Rimblow and would like to replace the 69 pad with a 70 pad (different inserts). I'm not doing a concourse restoration, but would like to have a "correct looking" wheel - not too worried whether the actual hooter works either.

Reply to
jlsnyman

I believe they would swap over fine. As I recall, the problem is in trying to put a rimblow on a non-rimblow steering column. many 69-70 parts tend to swap over fine between cars

Reply to
vince garcia

The wheels themselves are different. The 70 wheel was redesigned for the locking steering column. The pads should interchange but the wheel itself will not because of the locking ring.

Reply to
TM