69 Mach1 roof oil cans. Is there supposed to be a roof bow in it?

Hi, I paint cars on the side and I went to look a 69 Mach1. The roof oil cans easy. I mean I can push in down, it stays, but can easily be popped back up. I noticed there are NO roof bows in it. My 67 and 68 have at least one roof bow. Did they omit them in 69? Would a roof bow from a 67/68 fit a 69? Danford1

Reply to
Dan

according to the ford exploded view both the 67/68 and the 69/70 fastbacks have the same style roof bows one just behind the windshield frame and one just in front of the rear window. for a total of two bow that leave a large section of the roof "unsupported"/ However the actually curve of the roof combined with the rolled edges behind the drip trough should prevent oil canning unless there was some significant damage to the car in the past.

Reply to
walt peifer

Dan,

I just pushed down in a few places on mine and it didn't oil can easily. Beware!

Reply to
John