69 mustang $$$????

Could anyone tell me what a 69' mustang coupe that is in need of total restoration, be worth. It does have orginal 351W and tranny Etc. (there is a lot rust on the car)

P.S could you also tell me where all the VIN #'s are located?

Thanks

Reply to
Scott Jones

Not much

That right there makes the car worth VERY little. The coupes from those years just aren't popular and not worth IMO the cost of a total resto, especially if it's as far gone as you make it sound. Find one that's not so far gone and then it may be worth it, but this car does not sound like a good investment.

Dash, driver's side fender, door tag

Reply to
Scott Williams

VIN numbers should be on the driver's side dash facing the engine bay. You will have to look in through the windshield for a small rectangular metal tag above the dash pad near the windshield base. If door on driver's side is original it may be on that as well below the latch.

If the car has a lot of structural rust and you are not capable of doing frame repairs you'll need a lot of money. I owned a '69 Mach 1 for 17 years and a 69 fastback before that for a couple years. Door bottoms front and rear tend to rot as will the rear fenders behind the wheel opening/bottom of trunk area. Torque boxes and floorpan rust are a danger sign of big dollar repairs to come.

Stating it has "a lot of rust" could mean many things but I would pass on this if it is structural and locate a restored or original car in clean condition as you will spend less to buy a good one than doing a ground up restoration (plus a 69 coupe will take more $ to restore than you can sell it for). Price should be $500 to $1,000 max if rust is structural. The words "parts car" come to mind. If you know an experienced Mustang restoration person I'd take them to look at the car. They'll see more "potential problems" than you if you are inexperienced. Hope this helps.

Dave Dave

Reply to
Dave R.