69 Mustang instrument lights

The instrument cluster illumination lights in my 69 Mustang have all stopped working. The gauges, turn signal, and hi-beam indicator lights work normally, but the lights the illuminate the gauges are out.

I replaced a couple of bulbs with new ones but still no light. Are they connected in series where if one is out, they will all be out until I replace the bad one?

Nothing was changed that would have made them stop working. A test light to the blue-red wire shows power getting to the connector at the printed circuit panel.

Does anyone know of an alternative 1/2" lamp socket that I can use to bypass the printed circuit?

Reply to
Steve

If you're getting power to the blue-red wire, you can rule out the light switch rheostat. It sounds like the ground connection (black wire) or the printed circuit is broken.. All bulbs are in parallel so they stay lit if one burns out. I've never seen a wired socket that will replace the twist in type. You may be able to make a new ground by sandwiching a piece of brass shim stock between one of the sockets and the printed circuit and solder a ground to it.

Reply to
TM