69 stang clutch aceess with 428 & Hooker Headers

Have seen a few posts re: hooker headers on a 69 stang with a 428. Yes it is a tight fit, but can be done. Now I have to replace the clutch and was wondering if I can do it without removing the headers. Anybody know the answer? -JJ (please post back to group)

Reply to
JJ

Hey JJ, NHRA here. I had to "move them out of the way..." If my memory serves me correct I had to make a special allen wrench tool for my use on my "FE" in my 69 Mach. At the time I was experimenting a great deal with different pressure plate / disk combos and this made it easer around the shock towers for me. I just used to hang them with a bunjie cord to keep them out of the way. NHRA

Reply to
NHRA