'70 mustang question.

Hi Folks, I just bought a nice clean '70 sportsroof with no engine or transmission. I've got a built up 351W I could install in it but I was tossing around the idea of installing a 460 block. Will this fit and do you know of any companies that make headers for it? How about a manual transmission for it? Is there a big block T-5 available for it?

Reply to
Mark

Install parts - including headers - are available at most quality performance shops. Manual transmission were available stock (obviously), so most of the parts are available from any good bone yard, swap meet, or garage sale. Don't forget e-bay. As for a T5, forget it. Can't handle that much power in that heavy a car. The new Tremec 600 might, if you don't overbuild the 460. You might consider a Richmond 5 speed. It has a really low first gear, and a 1:1 5th. Couple that with a 2.75 rear gear, and you'll have a great driving car that will launch like a rocket. Should be just about bullet proof, too. Richmond also makes a 6 speed, with a OD 6th. But it's pretty darn expensive.

I strongly suggest you get a copy of Performance Automotive Warehouse's catalog. It's a little expensive for a parts catalog. But it's about as big as a phone book, and makes a great reference for what's available and what fits.

Reply to
.boB