71 Mustang Mach 1

I probably get discouraged too easily, but I bought a 71' Mach 1 and it's engine performance isn't quite what I expected. It's got a 351C with a 2 barrel carb, stock exhaust, etc. Upon receiving the car, the performance was horrible. Couldn't even power-brake it to break loose the tires. My buddy advanced the timing and got the low-end running much better (can break it loose while power braking it now, but not without it..). We cleaned the carb of rust and that helped even more. Can someone give me a little hope and let me know that there's something more that I can do? There's mediocre bottom-end, and virtually no top end at all. (it kind of seems like it's altogether missing at top end, (sputtering just before it shifts)). Also, if there's anyone out there with a good radiator for this car, could you give me a price? (it sprung a leak... ;( )

Reply to
Schmoe, Joseph

The 2V 351C can be a butt-kicker. You need to start from the beginning. This car and its engine are on topic over at alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury.

Reply to