72 Mustang Guage problem

I hope one of you guys can help me on this. When I turn on my headlights, my oil and temp guages as well as my fuel guage start climbing up. Fuel guage reading goes from 1/4 tank to 1/2 tank and temp goes almost to hot. It all goes back to normal a few min. after I turn off the lights. I have checked the ground wires for the lights and have even ran extra grounds from battery to frame, frame to engine and engine to firewall. I don't know if the voltage regulator on the instrument cluster would affect the guages or not as they are separate from the cluster. Thanks in advance.

Bob

Reply to
Me

Possibly a printed circuit problem..... do the guages move if you dim the cluster lights?. The voltage regulator on the cluster IS for the guages.

Jim Warman

headlights,

Bob,

Check the grounds on the cluster. As mentioned above, see if dimming and brightening the dash lamps changes the readings.

Al

Reply to
Big Al