'80 hood

I never would have believed how hard it is to find a hood for an '80 Mustang. My son crumpled his and finding a good replacement has been a pain in the arse. Any ideas where a good replacement might be found?

Reply to
D.K.R.

You should start with your local junkyards. A hood from any Mustang

79-82 should fit. Their inventories tend to rotate on a regular basis, so maybe ask the counter guy to give you a call if one comes in.

There might be an aftermarket hood available, but I wouldn't know any specifics, other than to check the usual Mustang shops online.

Have you thought about having a body shop beat the original back into shape?

Reply to
Garth Almgren

I've got one. If you want it $50 + shipping. Sound good? I'm in Corpus Christi, Tx 78411 if you want to figure out shipping.

Rusty

Reply to
Rusty

Ditto. These suckers are some of teh most plentiful in junkyards and

*usually* are not badly rusted (like doors).

Garth Almgren wrote:

Reply to
cprice

Reply to