84 Capri RS 5.0 value?

No, I'm not going to sell it, but after frustrating searches on the internet, I can't find a realistic value. I'm the original owner, 60,000 miles, stored winters, etc. According to values on the internet, the car is worth $1200-1500, and I say crap! My 95 Ford E150 van is worth that much. I think I'll just enjoy driving the car 200 miles a year and let my heirs (who lust for it) figure out how much to sell it for.

The Capri has settled down for a long winter nap in the garage.

FWIW Dick

Reply to
dickr2

They're pretty hard to find in mint condition, this guy wants $4500 Canadian for an 85 GS 5.0

Trashy ones are in the $1500 down range.....Just from what is listed on foureyedpride.com and craigslist.com

Reply to
GILL

When you have a vehicle that old that's in really nice shape you have to find the right buyer to get what it's worth.... someone who appreciates vehicles.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

NADA price 3766

Reply to
Ray

You might be surprised, especially as original as yours is. Maybe it's different in different areas, but if I drive mine for three days straight to places other than to work, I'll get at least one person or a note asking to sell it.

Reply to
WindsorFo

Yup. After 25 years the Capri developed a small oil leak. I brought the car in to the local Ford dealer (first class service operation, and people I trust). Pan and valve cover gaskets were replaced along with a few seals. There were several inquiries from folks in the service department who were interested in purchasing the car. I occasionally get comments like: "Nice car, what year is it?" "So you're driving the 'hot rod' today" "Nice ride, Dude" "You have a classic, don't sell it"

In the last 25 years, I've only seen 1 other 84 Capri RS 5.0 "bubble back" that had identical paint color (black) and trim, and I've never seen another of any color (except on the internet). The car might be somewhat rare, and I'm going to keep it until they pry my cold dead hands off the steering wheel. :-) Dick

Reply to
dickr2

I saw what looked to be a clean fox body (late 80s) for sale today... asking price on the windshield was $6000. I just drove by it didn't stop to take a good look. (too busy test driving my car and paying attention to make sure it's fixed)

Reply to
Brent