'88 Convertible Sunvisors

I own a 1988 LX 5.0 convertible with a broken passenger sunvisor. It froze up and wouldn't raise or lower and jammed half way down where it would grab you right in the forehead in a crash.

I ordered a new pair from Sacramento Mustang but I'm not quite sure how to install them properly. After removing the old one (just tearing it off actually) it appears the visor just press fits on the rod. Correct? Do the new ones just slip on? Do they then have to be clamped to hold?

Before I cut a slot in the new visors I want to make sure I'm on the right path. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

Dave

Reply to
Dave