88 GT Parking Brake Adjustment

Can anyone tell me where you adjust the parking brake on a 1988 Mustang GT? I have the blue factory manual, supposedly, but it also includes Thunderbird, Cougar, and Lincoln Mark VII .

The instructions say to "Tighten the adjusting nut against the cable equalizer, causing a rear wheel brake drag." The diagrams to not show the adjusting nut or label the equalizer. Other books I have on brakes in general indicate that the equalizer is where the single cable from the lever connects to the two cables from the rear wheel brakes.

There does not seem to be any adjusting nuts around the equalizer. Everything seems to be just a cable end.

I am a novice at this, so any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Steve Fetter

The hand lever has a self aduster on it after '86 IIRC. Adjust your rear brakes first. The lever will adjust during use. StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet