88' mustang gt- alternator wiring

I've replaced my alternator on my 88' 5.0 mustang, along with the clip that goes on top of it, but the problem I am having is that 3 wires go into that clip, 1 skinny wire and two other wires. The two wires have the same rubber coating on them (black with a skinny orange stripe). I'm worried that if I mismatch the two and insert them into the clip I will burn something up. Yet, I'm curious if they have the same rubber coating that maybe it will do no harm if the two wires are inserted into the clip incorrectly?

Reply to
kennydotcom_9

Not sure, but my 93 has two parallel wires over to the battery hot with a fusible wire also.

Reply to
Schmedly