89 LX Value?

Our neighbor is asking $3300 for the LX which turns out is an '89, not a '90. And it has 117K miles. The paint isn't original and is one of those cheaply done jobs that is already showing its age and developing some spider cracks on the bumper. The hood is pretty dull and oxidated.

It seems to run pretty well, though. New brakes and tires. Interior is in excellent condition. But I'm thinking $3300 is still too much. What do you think it's worth? KBB gives it $2100 private party value.

Tia.

Cindy

Reply to
Cindy

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

Thanks.

Cindy

Reply to
Cindy

Reply to
Michael Johnson, P.E.

Well... NADA says the car is worth $2,060 for average retail... which is what I'd say the car classifies as.. definitely not high retail ($2,585) & surely not low retail ($1,260). For the paint being non-original & hood being in need of work... regardless of the interior being in good shape I wouldn't give more than $2,100. I like NADA better than KBB... but anyway, $3,300 is way too much. Just my .02 cents. Good luck w/ the decision =).

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Save the 2500.00 and put it towards the '03 Cobra you KNOW your gonna get...especially after you drive one :-)

Mike "Who drove an '04 EVO and is in LOVE" :-)

Reply to
Mike

Ah, shut up! ;-)

Ohh, how was it?? I've seen two around here and they look pretty cool.

Cindy

Reply to
Cindy

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

That's the way it is around here (the Dayton, Ohio area) as well.

-ERIC

89 5.0 LX Vert w/93 Cobra long block, GT-40 heads, Unknown Camshaft(??), HyperTech Chip, 73mm C&L MAF, BBK 2.5" O/R H-pipe, Flowmaster 40 Series Deltas, King Cobra Clutch Set, BBK Strut Tower Brace, Poly bushings.

Reply to
Katmandu

They are everywhere in Oklahoma and Texas, but $3300 for a decent shape Fox is about right for this area. Sounds about like what condition mine was in and I paid $3500.

Only an opinion though.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

The one I sold a few years ago is for sale now. It's a 5.0, 5 speed, power everything, premium sound, hatchback. Has new tires on it. 120K miles, guy is asking $2600. It's very clean, light tan, never wrecked, no rust. Was bought here in Tucson.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

You TX & OK guys need to load up a car carrier Fox Mustangs and head to Washington, DC. You'll easily double your money! Funny thing is I sold a '92 LX 5.0L sedan three years ago for $6,000 to a guy in Texas. He and his father drove for 24 hours straight to get here and the kid begged me to not sell the car out from under him. He said there wasn't any good condition Fox 5.0L cars left in his area. I wish I hadn't sold the car now.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Look for a post about it soon. No time right now. It's an amazing car though.

271 hp in a compact (albeit VERY roomy) car with state of the art brakes, tires, AWD, etc etc.

Mike

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
Reply to
Mike

I bought my 87 'Vert up in that area in Manassas. My father and I drove from Va Beach to get it. Almost had it bought from underneath us. Another guy was going to buy it at noon that day we made it at like 10:00 lol sucks for him =) I paid 1800 and it is in pretty good condition. Just needs paint and the seats are a little faded.

Reply to
John Wiebalk

You drove within 5 minutes of my house coming up I-95. Sounds like you got a good deal on the '87 vert. I got others offers before they arrived but anyone willing to drive 1,500 miles to buy a Mustang deserves some consideration. The kid was tickled to get the car and I hated to see it go.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 20:16:00 -0500, "Michael Johnson, PE" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Well I am in the Va Beach area myself and hopefully will be going up to Alexandria to look at a `98 yellow Cobra drop-top this weekend. If the car is as advertised it is worth the trip for what the guy is asking. He wants about what a `98 GT goes for in this area for his Cobra. I have been told I am not allowed to use a broadsword to disprove ?The Pen is Mightier than the sword?.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Mightier than the sword?.

That does sound like its worth the trip to check it out. I've always thought buying from individuals wa the best way to get a good deal and a nice car. The car lots up here are terrible unless you're buying from a new car dealer's used lot. Then it's hit and miss. How many miles ae on it?

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 08:06:16 -0500, "Michael Johnson, PE" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Mightier than the sword?.

77k I have been told I am not allowed to use a broadsword to disprove ?The Pen is Mightier than the sword?.
Reply to
ZombyWoof