90's Aod wire color id

Hello, I am putting an AOD in a 68 coupe from a 90's Stang. The four wires coming out of the tranny are a different color than the ones from the firewall. I have the literature for the 68 but not the 90. Can anyone tell me what is what on the tranny?

Thanks, Chris

Reply to
sixty8kr

This is for a 93, but it's probably the same.

P/O - 12v RUN 15A- power for the backup lamps BK/PK - to backup lamps - it's spliced. W/PK - START position on ignition switch R/LB - starter relay

Jim S. '82 Mutant

Reply to
Jim S.

Provided that the firewall connector powered those items on the old tranny there shouldn't be any problem splicing them together then right?

Reply to
sixty8kr

I'm not familiar with the wiring on your 68 but it should work fine.

The backup lamp circuit just needs power and to be hooked to the lights.

I assume the ignition circuit is very similar, that is if the 68 had a Park/Neutral position switch. If it didn't have the switch, well, you just added it.

Jim S.

82 Mutant

Reply to
Jim S.

Thanks Jim, I'll let ya know how everything goes.

Reply to
sixty8kr