91 conv. top replacement

Does anyone have the instructions to replace the conv. top on the '91 mustang GT. Or know where I can find the instuctions. Thanks Tim

Reply to
Tim Rockafellow

I think the general consensus is to take it to a shop to have the vert top replaced. I hear it's a PITA to get it aligned just right.

Reply to
Greg B.

I agree - did this when I was young, took forever, and the thing was misaligned anyway. If I had instructions now, I might try it, but I can't find 'em in the shop manuals for my 93 (they outsourced it).

Andrew

Greg B. wrote:

Reply to
Andrew Paule

The dealerships usually out source this kind of thing to the upholstery shops. Try there for your info. However, that said, you really don't want to try to tackle this problem yourself. An expert can put a top on in a couple of hours, whereas you could wind up spending days and still not get it right. Must be some sort of black magic voodoo that the general public isn't hip to.

Reply to
Ironrod