93 Cobra FS in my area FYI

NOT MINE, just saw it on a local board. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOR SALE: 1993 FORD MUSTANG COBRA

1993 Ford Mustang Cobra, Black with grey cloth interior, 5 speed, moon roof, 107,000 miles, completely stock with no modifications, in Good condition, First car Ford's SVT built, #1837 out of 4993 built. We are new parents and do not have the time now to build this car up like we dreamed of, so price is reduced to $6000.00,MUST SELL, Please call me at (660) 696-2693.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Near Sedalia, MO.

Mike

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

That looks like a decent price for a stock Cobra.

Steve

72 Skylark
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

That's what i thought, of course i haven't seen it. Even if it's a tad rough that still fair.

Mike

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

There was a decent '89 5.0 hatch AOD that went on ebay locally for just under $2500 a couple weeks ago. If it were a notch, I would have been all over it. With the new motor in the Ranger, I can't really be shopping right now though.

Steve

72 Skylark

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

:-) That...and a BB Buick project..sounds like you're having an identity crises. j/k of course.. Mike

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

I got the trunk POR15'd, spatter painted, and clear coated last weekend. It is now the best looking part of the car! If we get some more hot weather, I hope to get the new carpeting in this weekend. I want it to sit out in the sun for a bit to make it easier to conform to the (also POR15'd) floor pan. Then I can clean the seats and install them along with my better condition dash pad. A little "unwiring" of the mess under the dash, and the interior is about finished. I do have some better door panels to swap on along with the need for a new package tray.

At that point, I'll have to figure out a plan for the chassis. I'll need some new BB springs for the front and some Comp Eng front drag shocks.

Steve

72 Skylark
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

Got pics? :-)

Mike

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

Yeah,

Here are some pics of the car. The white stuff in the pan is the POR15 metal ready that has turned rust into zinc oxide:

This is before the POR15 on the floor pan:
Here's the pan after the POR15 (it's very dark black, but I tried to brighten up the photo which made it appear a little brown):
Here's the trunk as I received it (with a spare TH350, driveshaft, and trans crossmember... and rust):
I thought I took a picture of the trunk empty before going to work on it. I guess not.

Steve

72 Skylark
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

Looking great! Ain't it cool to have a garage to work in?

Mike

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

Oh yeah, it's too bad that I don't have the money to take advantage of it.

I've pretty much figured that I'll end up going with the short block being rebuilt. At this point I'll do what I can with what I've got and get it ready for the motor to go into it.

Steve

72 Skylark
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

I'm just glad to see you've got another cool profect goin'. With fulltime school and living in a duples (for the time being anyway) it's not possible for me. I miss it though.

Mike

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

Supposed to be 'duplex' My fingers run away with themselves sometimes :-)

Mike

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
of all the old cars
Reply to