93 GT dash vent problem

Suddenly my dash vent selector does not work... all air comes out the windshield defrost vents no matter where the selector is set. I suspect it is simply a broken linkage/cable or vacuum pot or hose. Anyone have suggestion on where to start on troubleshooting this one?

Reply to
Fixing Stuff

yeah... you stick your head under the dash. find the heater housing, look for two shafts sticking out connected to cable or actuator.

Turn one control knob, then the other. If both are intact and move with their respective knobs... then the deflector door is loose inside.

If actuator doesnt move follow cable or tubing back toward control.

Make sure you have vacuum to control section. Heater control panel removable with radio tool available at Walmart or sound shop

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Its actually a really easy fix. I had the same problem. All it is is a broken vacumn line. Look under the hood along the firewall, and you will see three vacumn hoses. Check them all. I think that you will find one of them is broken. At least this is what worked for me. They are about 1/8 inch Dia.

Reply to
nfoster87

Great info... thanks guys.

Reply to