93 LX trunk....

I bought a 93 LX and the trunk spring is not installed (what I believe to be it is laying in the trunk) so the trunk will not stay open without being propped. Does someone have a very good description of how to install this or have a picture/pictures of how to do it? Or maybe just a pic of it installed? I would really like to reinstall this, closest salvage yard is across town to try and take pic's myself (if they have one). Maybe a scan from a service manual??

Thanks much,

Gerry

Reply to
Gerry Pierce

I owned the 93 hatchback and it has no springs. It uses two pistons on either side of the hatch lid. But you sound like you have the coupe?

-Rich

Reply to
RichA

Couldn't find anything in my shop manual and the diagram in the Hayes Mustang manual didn't show any springs. Wish I could help.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Combs

It is just a rod with a few bends in it right? I never had a Fox notchback but I think the ends go above the tabs on the hinges and the center of the rod is somehow attached between them. You should be able to figure it out by holding it in place and looking for attachment points, unless something's broke. Sorry i can't be more specific but I never really looked at the one in my old '00 GT or my in Cobra.

Reply to
WraithCobra

Yep, it's a coupe. Thanks for checking All, I guess I'll take a drive up to the junkyard and look around. I have tried holding it up and looking for similar wear spots, can't find it. I'll figure it out or buy a broom handle one :)

Thanks again.

Gerry

Reply to
Gerry Pierce