93 Mustang, Turn Signal Flasher

I am having a lot of problems locating the "Turn Signal Flasher" for my

1993 Mustang. CHILTON Ford Mustang Repair Manual says it is mounted on the instrument panel reinforcement above the fuse panel. I've looked and can not locate it. Do you have to remove something to find it. If anyone knows please advise as I'm getting a little frustrated. Thanks in advance!
Reply to
Doug M

My manual only covers up to 1990, so it may not apply to your 93. It says the turn signal flasher is ON the fuse block. If so, you can't miss it. It's the big round thing. The hazard flasher is supposed to be mounted to a brace above the glove box. Hope this helps.

Blue Gator

Doug M wrote:

Reply to
Blue Gator

It's on the passenger side. I was just barely able to reach mine. Stick your hand under the dash, a little to the left of the glove box, and you should feel it.

I was able to locate it by turning on the signal and listening to the tick-tock. Fortunately the old, crapped out flasher was VERY loud. The new one is nearly silent.

FYI the hazard flasher is a separate unit.

John

93 GT

Doug M wrote:

Reply to
jmvannoy

my 88 is on the back side of the fuse block.. there is also a second one up under the dash straight up above your legs while sitting in the seat!

Reply to
J. Sprauer

Reply to
jmvannoy