94 Front Pony removal

I want to put a billet grille in my 94 GT, but it looks like you need a special tool to remove the original pony. It's a six point internal star like screw head with a small center.

Looks like the tool would have to be six points with a hole in the middle to clear the small diameter there. Can't grab the outside of the screw because it's a round head screw.

Any info is appreciated.

Reply to
4-2LGW

Maybe a torx head?

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Cameron
4-2LGW opined in news:B9J_d.33761$ snipped-for-privacy@fe11.lga:

That's a security torx screw... it is used due to high theft rate of those ponies.

But any punk can go into harbor freight and buy them, other places as well.

But why not just go to your favorite Ford service/body shop, ask real nice...

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

It's called a security torx bolt. They sell cheap sets on ebay, less than 10 bucks.

Rein