94 GT alarm Q's

Hi, all--

I just bought a 94 GT convertible and it has what appears to be a dealer-installed Ford alarm. I say that, because I found the control box under the dash and it says that it is a Ford item, there are Ford alarm stickers on the car and the key fobs have the raised mustang logo, but there is an obviously aftermarket lighted button on the dash and there is no mention of this type of alarm in the owners manual.

Having said that, can someone help me identify this beast? I'd like to disable the passive alarm and maybe even disable the horn chirps when arming or disarming (I live in a neighborhood where the houses are pretty close together). I dug around on Google a bit, but couldn't find anything that really helped.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Chris

Reply to
Chris West

that's the same FCC ID that my 94 GT (hardtop) key fob has... either the "guts" in the fob have been switched (if that's possible) or my buess is you have the factory alarm installed. My car doesn't have any lighted switches inside though... any possibility it could be wired to something else like aftermarket fog lights or a higher power stereo amp?

James

Chris West wrote:

Reply to
LoTekGuru