95 5 speed question: Is there tranny fluid, and how do you change it

On SN95 stangs, mine being a 95 Cobra, I know once someone suggested to me that sticking-gears can be alleviated a bit by draining out the ford-installed fluid and replacing it with some other fluid, whos name now escapes me. Iwant to say Redline but I know thats the radiator stuff....

Anyhow, can someone give me the quick info on how is this done if I wanted to do it myself....?? And is it worth it, or is it snake oil?

The only real issues I'm concerned about are that sometimes those gears like to stick.....

Reply to
HeadRusch

at 04 May 2004, HeadRusch [ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net] wrote in news:_HNlc.20986$IG1.869984@attbi_s04:

They also make tranny fluid it appears. Last year that's what got put in mine. Redline synth #110 transmission flui according to the paperwork from the shop.

Not sure how to do it as mine got done in the course of an engine swap/clutch replacement by a reputable local Mustang shop...

Reply to
Paul

Go to Autozone and pick up three bottles of Mobil 1 Dexron III ATF.

Helmut Roner Beat Up 1988 Mustang GT

Reply to
HELMUT RONER

you might consider getting an adjustable clutch cable/quadrant setup, sounds like the original one is about to check out on you. I agree with the Mobil 1 synthetic ATF fluid suggestion also. To change the fluid remove the drain plug on the bottom,there is also a plug up higher on the passenger side, remove it and fill with fluid until it starts to run out. you can pump in the new fluid or get a long tube/funnel & pour it in from under the hood.

Reply to
winze

Hmmmm....if you dont mind me asking, what makes you think my original clutch cable and quadrant is ready to go...... I've never had one let go, hence, kinda wondering what to look for. I read that clutch cables rarely stretch, so I'm not sure thats it.........

As for the whole "Lift the clutch pedal up and push down on it" thing that ford recommends in the manual, I've never been able to lift the pedal up, and I've never heard a "click" pushing it back down.

Reply to
HeadRusch

sticking gears, clucth not disengaging enough?

Reply to
winze