'95 Airbags wanted...

A friend of mine is picking up a '95 V6 5-speed Mustang for some rediculously low price... something around $500 or so. It's been hit in the front very lightly (a bra covers up any damage you might see) but the airbags went off anyway. He needs to have them in to get an R-title issued for the car.

He's not real picky about color or style... just wants something that'll fit a '95 V6. If anyone has a pair for sale (he needs both) for a decent price, he'd probably take them.

Thanks,

JS

Reply to
JS

The passenger side is the spendy one, but tell him to take a look on ebay.

Explorers / Rangers / Taurus all have the same DRIVER airbag. It will have a FORD oval logo rather than a horse, but you can find them for around $50-$60 all the time on ebay. Passenger is a different story, but you might look for a DUMMY passenger bag if he just wants it to look right.

If you shout out to MusTTanguy he can hook your friend up with a dummy for a reasonable price.

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum

If I didn't know better I would say you have "been there, done that" :-)

Aleast SOMEONE here has the spelling right, and to think I was going to change it :-)

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

You must be Psycho !

...err.., I mean... Psychic :)

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum

Tim... what are the dummy passenger air bags going for these days?

I don't see the kid very often, but I'll try to get ahold of him and see if this will work for getting the car titled. He's not very interested in the airbags actually working anyway.

Thanks guys for the information....

JS

Reply to
JS

I generally get $20 for them but will work you a deal.

I have a little technique for repairing the passenger bag which makes it look it was never damaged. The Ford style drivers bag (Ranger, Escort, Explorer, etc.) is the best way to go and is compatible with the Mustang for quite a few $$ less. I have one of these bags in my 97. Chief Wiggum repaired his 95 recently with the same, he is running the passenger side simulator and a repaired cover which allows the system to look and "appear" to function correctly. In the event of an accident, the drivers side bag would deploy but since there is no bag in passenger side it obviously can not.

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

ACTUALLY.....

I finally found a passenger airbag that someone had painted (not dyed). and it was flaking off... As a result I got it CHEAP. I stripped off the paint, and DYED it black, and it looks like new !

So now I have BOTH airbags working.!!

But the Sprag busted in the transmission the othe day so I had to buy a rebuilt :( :(

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum