95 foglight bulbs.

I just found a set of foglights for my 95 (GT style) but the bulbs in them are broken. The assemblies are in pretty good shape though. I do intend to caulk/seal all around where the lens meets the housing as I've been told that's a leak trouble spot.

I know I need 893 halogen bulbs. But what are these 'xenon' bulbs I see on eg eBay? They have them emitting a bluish white which would go good with the color of my car. They tout those use less watt but give more light/better vision than halogen.

is this another 'tornado' type thing or are those bulbs really worth buying? Here's some example eBay listings.

It sounds to good, but I'm no expert on lighting systems...

Reply to
Paul

Around 9/12/2003 3:48 PM, Paul spake thusly:

eBay? They have them emitting a bluish white which would go good with the color of my car. They tout those use less watt but give more light/better vision than halogen.

Daniel Stern *is* an expert, and he says they're crap. The Mustang's fog lights aren't very well designed to begin with, and blue bulbs only compound the problem. If all you're going for is "the look," fine - but don't expect any improvement in performance.

Check out the articles on Daniel's webpage about blue bulbs.

Reply to
Garth Almgren

at 12 Sep 2003, Garth Almgren [ snipped-for-privacy@v6stang.com] wrote in news:HmydnYj-p4q9- snipped-for-privacy@kallback.com:

Thank You! Very enlightning article. I wasn't expecting major light improvements even with standard 893 bulbs. It's mostly a cosmetic and taste issue as I do not like these empty holes in my bumper. :-) I'll see how much standard 893 bulbs are and if those 'bluish' ones are comparable in price I may go for those just for the 'look'. But I'm not about to pay more money just for that 'look' if there is no improvement in performance. :-)

Thanks again, I bookmarked that link...

Have a great weekend!

Reply to
Paul