95 ford conv schematic needed?

I am trying to find a diagram of a 95 GT conv top assembly. I am also looking for recommendations for a Cold Air Intake. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
outmama

My recommendation for a cold air intake is to take the $$ you were going to spend on it & take your ladyfriend out to a real nice dinner & movie. It's worthless from a performance perspective.. Does add to the "bling bling" factor though.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

Which part of the top assembly? The pneulatics? The vinyl top itself? Electronics?

If you can be more specific, I may be able to email you some images and/or diagrams

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top
Reply to
SVTKate

WTF is a cold air intake!????

Every freakin Fox Mustang I ever had came with a factory cold air intake!

opined in news:t6Uid.8590$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com:

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

all typos aside.. make that pneumatics... just for the record.

Reply to
SVTKate

Hey Kate, it would be hydraulics. Pneumatics would be air powered! Like me, HOT air powered! ;^) StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

I thought She was talking about some kind of air powered prophylactic. Doh! Tropic Green Y2K 5 Speed Mustang GT P-1SC & Some MM Stuff

Stuart&Janet wrote:

Reply to
Gill

Oh Hell Stu! Whatta ya expect from an airhead????

LOL! thanks, I think...

*wink*

Kate

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Ummm... no Gill. Unlike some folks, I don't have to inflate my partner LOL

Kate

| >>all typos aside.. make that pneumatics... just for the record. | >>

Reply to
SVTKate

LOL Just kidding, mine is hydraulic too ;-) Tropic Green Y2K 5 Speed Mustang GT P-1SC & Some MM Stuff

SVTKate wrote:

Reply to
Gill

LMAO! Gill.. you crack me up!

| > Kate | >

Reply to
SVTKate

The hydrolic system. The top stopped working, the motor runs and their seems to be (brake type) fluid in the back.....I think I need to remove the back seat to get in there.. but just wanter to get a headstart.

I ordered a K&N CAI because everything (advertisements) said I would get around 10HP...I guess I'm a unit. It hasn't shown up yet, but I will let you know how it went...

I also ordered the 2 1/2 cat back H with Flow masters....I hope it is not TOO loud.

I am a total newbe and just trying to get some cheap (new baby, NON inflatible) HP.

Reply to
outmama

Obviously, it sounds like you have a leak...Why don't you start by taking out the rear seat...the motor is right there behind the seat back. The top actuators are behind the quarter panel trim...there isn't much need for a schematic unless the system has been taken completely apart.

My service CD (1997) doesn't even have a hydraulic schematic...they say to mark the connections before disassembly.

Other notes on refilling the system: remove the rubber fill plug from the back of the reservoir and check the fluid level. The level should be at the bottom of the filler hole. If necessary, add Motorcraft MERCON® Multi-Purpose Automatic Transmission Fluid XT-2-QDX or equivalent meeting Ford specification.

Cycle the t>The hydrolic system. The top stopped working, the motor runs and

Reply to
Dinsdale

There are two samll tabs at the bottom of the rear seat, around the middle of each seat. Use a flat head to push in the tab and the rear seat will release. You can then lift the back part of the seat out of the holding brackets. You also need to remove\loosen the rear interior panels to get to the lifts. More then likely the fluid reservoirs\pumps are fine, its probably the lift cylinders that have lost a seal. Do a search for for lift cylinders and you should find them for aout $50 a pop. It is fairly easy to do the swap, just make sure to label the two lines coming from the lifts as 'top' and 'bottom' to make the reconnect easier. I think you use trans fluid to refill the reservoirs by lifting them up (use a funnel) on an angle to fit the most possible fluid.

ALWAYS replace both lifts at the same time or you will be repeating the same procedure in short time. The new lift will stress the old one and it will go bad also...guaranteed.

Hope that helps...

Reply to
Echoadmin