'95 GT vent control problem

All air, whether AC or heat, is blowing through the defroster. I've looked through my Chilton's and Haynes and found nothing to get me started. Before I rip out the control panel, I thought I'd check to see if anyone's dealt with this before. Thanks.

Reply to
cat daddy

You have a bad vacuum line to the heater box. Inspect it for breaks. Most likely rotted or broken along the firewall under the hood or dissconnected at the vacuum tree or where it tees off over the heater core entrance to the firewall by the passenger hinge. The blender doors will default to defrost with no vacuum. HTH StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Very common problem Find the small black vacuum line that runs from where the heater hoses go into the firewall in the engine compartment accross the firewall to the vacuum "T" next to the brake booster. It is this line where it connects to the "T" that the plastic line breaks right at the rubber boot. You can usually drill out the plastic tube from the rubber, put alittle super glue on it and reinsert back into the rubber. With no vacuum the system defaults to the defroster area.

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

likely rotted or

Thank you so much for saving me from going at this from inside the car, first. It was a broken vacuum line at the connector in the middle of the line. Remind me to always ask you guys before I attempt anything on my own............. }:-)

Reply to
cat daddy

I popped the hood and stared right at the break at the inline connector. I drilled out the boot and stuck it back on and it works. Elapsed time < 5 min. and my coffee didn't get cold............ My Yellow Labrador, Caitlin, thanks you with many, many, non-slobbery kisses now that the AC blows in her face....... }:-)

Reply to
cat daddy

at 07 May 2004, cat daddy [ snipped-for-privacy@.myhouse.com] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Tim beat me to it. I had this about 6 months ago. And of course it was Tim to the rescue as the plastic part broke and none of the local dealers had a replacement. (Not in their computer)

Reply to
Paul

Hey, always ask us guys first.... Glad to help. As Mustangguy mentioned it is very common. StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

If Tim hadn't mentioned the repair, I would have gone through dealer hell to find a replacement. I was just going out to have a look at it this morning and it was fixed before I was even fully conscious..............

*Nothing* in my shadetree mechanic history has been so easy to fix, yet would have been so elusive without the help of Stu and Tim.......... I bow and scrape in the presence of greatness...........
Reply to
cat daddy

I haven't needed to lurk here since I bought the GT in '97, as nothing peculiar has gone wrong with it....... I won't make that mistake again. Thanks for being here for me..........

is very common.

Reply to
cat daddy