95 Mustang Correct tire size.

What is the correct tire size for base model GT with V6?

15" rims, I think 205/65 but not sure and also correct speed rating.

Thanks Shawn

Reply to
FalconGuy

No such thing as a "base model GT with V6" All GTs came with 5.0L V8, and all base models came with 3.8L V6.

Yes, the correct tire size for base models, and any model equipped with the V6 is 205-65-15. It's a 25.5 inch diameter tire.

All GTs received either 225-55-16 tires, or had the option for

245-45-17s. These are both 25.7" diameter tires. (Cobras all had 17s).

rd

Reply to
RD Jones

Reply to
FalconGuy

the 15 inch give a softer ride, and goes over curbs well.

speed rating a "s" or "t" should be fine, the car should be speed limited anyway to about 110 to 115, engine goes lean, no power, tops out.

If it was my ma, she drives slow and would never get it over 80, then 94, or a "t"

- M: 81mph or 130 km/h

- N: 87 mph or 140 km/h

- P: 93 mph or 150 km/h

- Q: 99 mph or 160 km/h

- R: 106 mph or 170 km/h

- S: 112 mph or 180 km/h

- T: 118 mph or 190 km/h

- U: 124 mph or 200 km/h

- H: 130 mph or 210 km/h

- V: 149 mph or 240 km/h

- Z: in excess of 149 mph or 240 km/h plus

- W: 168 mph or 270 km/h

- Y: 186 mph or 300 km/h

note that Z and above longevity of the tire decreases

Reply to
tinytwo claws