96-00 ford cd player part needed

i need the whole face plate from a 96-2000 cd player. i have the 2 unit

460 system. all of my lights whent dead the other nite but the cd player still works. sony said i would be a ford thing to fix not them. but they made the player??? anyone have a unit for sale, or a broken one? i woud like to buy it and trade out the face plates. thanks. e-mail me direct to the above addy. thanks. mp
Reply to
Michael price

Go to ebay and search mach 460, people are always putting in new stereos and selling the old on ebay.

John

Reply to
John Shepardson

Part number: F68F 18A910 BC

4024029

Used to be able to get them from Ford. I have one, right here in my hot little hand "just in case" mine ever goes out.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

I may have a nice used face plate available for the factory CD player. I have several of these and should have a dead unit I can pull the face from. I will test and confirm I have one with working lights. Please feel free to E-mail me personally at Musttanguy AT aol.com or through our website

Thanks, Tim (Musttanguy) PonyPerformance.com

Reply to
Musttanguy

TIM! Swear to God I was thinking of you today!

Hey, how hard is it to swap out the power lock actuator in the driver's door of a 99 F250? Do you have such a beast available? I need to hunt down some destructions.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Think'n about us poor souls here in Cali were ya ? All has been well (kinda sorta, long story involving dented fender and door),but EXTREMELY busy lately.

I haven't had the pleasure to change one on a 99+ truck yet but it should be pretty simple. If you need a lock motor (new OEM Ford) let me know and I will see what my cost is on it. Please feel free to E-mail me directly

Tim (Musttanguy) PonyPerformance.com

Reply to
Musttanguy

thanks for any help. e-mail me direct if you have one. mp

Reply to
Michael price

You can replace the Ford tape/cd player 2 unit mach 460 system with an aftermarket if you get a METRA 70-5519 Harness and a pocket to fill void left when remove bottom unit from dash. You have to use your pre-amp outputs (because the 460 system is factory amplified) from your aftermarket deck, but it ends up working pretty well.

Good luck.

1998 Mustang Cobra Convertible My Dream Became a Reality...
BURNiNATOR

i got everything from cruthfield back a few months ago. i had a extra kenwood cd player i put it in and had super alterator noise coming in, my cars a 5 speed. i tryed some noise filters and nothing worked. i even tryed a tape player to make sure the cd player was fine. a loud buzz is all i got. so i put the factory units back in. mp

Reply to
Michael price

Some of us (maybe, maybe not the original poster) don't want aftermarket units.

Personally, I'd rather have the factory unit than anything I have seen. It works fine, sounds good enough, easy to use and you can see the freaking buttons on it. It doesn't have a bunch of little bitty controls, no Las Vegas light show, nothing flips up, swings out or detaches it fits perfectly into the dash and matches the rest of the interior and no one wants to steal it. It just does what it is supposed to, plays CDs, cassettes and has an am/fm radio.. I like it like that!

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top
Reply to
SVTKate

successfully switch out head units. Try checking out this website and see if it might help you:

You might also want to search around the net for the symptoms you described about the alternator noise and see if you might have had a grounding or a sheilding issue.