98 Cobra - Should I modify Chip???

I have a 98 stock Cobra. Does anyone have any experience "chipping"? Will it make a big difference? Which kind should I look into or avoid? Thanks in adavance....MB

Reply to
Keri Bernstein

Bone stock Cobra? Chipping it probably won't net you real big gains. Bigger gains are to be had by full length headers and a new cat-back, or one of the CAI kits (there is one that supposedly does better than the others on these cars). If you want seat-of-the-pants, drop a set of 4.10:1 gears in the rear end. These cars rev to the sky (I have a mostly stock '97 Cobra - Tri-Ax shifter is the only mod thus far), and I've heard of people running

4.30:1's in them. 3.73:1's should also give you a pretty good change in feel without revving too high on the highway.

What are your eventual goals for this car? Helps to know what you're working towards.

Oh, em, btw.. might not want to post your address and telephone number on Usenet. Lots of spambots just dying to pick that kind of stuff up. You're using Outlook Express - you may want to turn off the signatures (Tools ->

Options -> Signatures tab) when posting.

JS

Reply to
JS

not without doing any other mods. You might gain a few hp at higher rpms's but in my opinion not worth it on a 98 stock Cobra.

Rein

I bought a 97 cobra in october and all I've done so far is change the exhaust. I put on a bbk x-pipe with cats and an american thunder (flowmaster) cat back. It sounds great and runs great, I don't think for now I'll be doing any other major changes except appearence, new top and so on. from what I've been told that should increase my horsepower a bit. have fun with it. by the way I'm near valley forge. cobraboy 97 convert

Reply to
cobra boy

not the new top but the exhaust lol cobraboy 97convert

Reply to
cobra boy