99 gt conv Suspension

Have a 99 GT conv seems very floaty in the rear at highway speeds. Thinking about some springs and tokico adjustable shocks. Or should I just do a thicker rear sway bar? What do you guys think?

thanks dave

Reply to
dave

I'd do springs and shocks. How many miles on it ? Might want to check the existing sway bar and see if it's not broken. Also, when you have grooves in the road running parallel with the road the rear of the mustang (on 2 different ones I own/owned) starts tramlining. Weird feeling and freaked me out the first time it happened. Some tires don't do it, some do.

Rein

the "floaty" experience would be helped by the sway bar... and it would be cheaper than suspension (and easier to install).

Check your tire pressure. 80% of the time your tires are under pressured. This will definetely cause a floaty feel at highway speeds.

Reply to
Jack VR4