99 Mustang center console help

I have a V6 automatic and was wondering how do you remove the center console. The only thing I figured out is that the cup holders can be pulled out by hand. I cant see any screws or clips that would keep the console in place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Don

Reply to
DonTraboulsee

Console ? Floor

Removal

All Vehicles 1. Disconnect the battery ground cable.

  1. Apply the parking brake.

Vehicles with Automatic Transmissions 3. Place the selector lever in the 1 position.

Vehicles with Manual Transmissions 4. If equipped, remove the manual transmission shift knob.

All Vehicles µ 5. Remove the floor console finish panel. (note from me, I think these are the plastic parts that you can just pull up on and they pop out, there is a drawing that suggests this is stuff around the shifter. ) l Disconnect the electrical connectors.

  1. Open the floor console glove compartment.
µ 7. Remove the floor console glove compartment bumpers. µ 8. Remove the floor console glove compartment storage bin. 1 Remove the screws. 2 Remove the floor console glove compartment storage bin. µ 9. Disconnect the parking brake control electrical connector. µ 10. Disconnect the floor console electrical connector. µ 11. Remove the floor console. 1 Remove the screws. (note from me, there is a drawing that shows one or more screws in the console storage opening after the liner is out and one or more screws below the radio area after you yank the plastic snap on stuff off. The drawing only points to two places so there may only be two screws.) 2 Remove the floor console.

Installation

  1. Note: When the battery (10655) is disconnected and reconnected, some abnormal drive symptoms may occur while the vehicle relearns its adaptive strategy. The vehicle may need to be driven 16 km (10 mi) or more to relearn the strategy. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
Reply to
Ashton Crusher