A Christmas Poem

Written by a friend of mine - Chris Vopat

Hope ya like it.

Twas the night before Christmas There was snow on the track Not an engine was stirring The VHT had no tack

The racers were home I was up in the tower Doppler says a storm's coming With another snow shower

When down in the lanes I heard a great roar I ran to the window Never saw this before

It was Santa alright But there were no reindeer He was wearing red leathers And straddling a Bombardier

To say this snomobile looked fast Was sure not a joke He revved it up a few times Then pushed in the choke

He waved and then pointed at the Christmas tree I switched on the power This I had to see

He crept up to the line On this big red machine Purged his nitrous twice Leaving big clouds of steam

When the green flashed The tread dug in tight He took off like a shot And cut a .490 light

At about 100 feet He started to get loose Drifted to the Left And Almost hit a moose

But Santa stayed in it And leaned to the right He straightened out quick Man what a sight

He flew through the traps And pulled his chute Made of red satin With white fur trim to boot

6.92 at two hundred and three I had to write it down No one would believe me

I grabbed Santa's time slip And ran through the snow I wanted to shake his hand For putting on such a show

When I got to the pits I saw a shiny red rig The trailer said 'Claus Racing' In letters bold and big

Inside elves were busy Strapping down the fast ride But I couldn't find Santa Not hair nor hide

I said "hey, where's the big man" "You just missed him, tough luck." "We don't know where he went, We just drive the truck"

But up in the sky I head a faint sound It was a blown Hemi and it was unwound

It streaked across the night And the moonlight revealed

A 'Cuda ragtop

With Santa at the wheel

And over the exhaust

I heard him exclaim

"The elves were right!

The sleigh's way too lame!"

Reply to
Page Nicholson

And what is this a Santa with no broken down Sleigh to Blame??????

Reply to
jim