A new Ford in our garage!

No, it's not a Mustang, but it's a beautiful Ford Flex. We purchased the vehicle for our spring and summer trips (we're both retired) to replace our 1995 E150 van. The E150 with

Reply to
dickr2

Congrats Dick - the Flex is certainly an interesting vehicle. A very sharp design and neat looking toy!

It's a little bigger than I would have preferred having seen the concepts prior to seeing an actual vehicle.

Same with the Freestyle. Had Ford made this the size of a Subaru Outback it would have killed. But it's virtually the same size as the Escape. Instead, it appears to have died and gone away.

My favouritism lies with the Escape - have owned four since 2001 - all leases and now have a nice blue 2009 with the chrome clad rims.

AC

Reply to
notmenoway

Hi AC, When my wife and I bail out of Minnesota for 6 weeks in the spring, we need room for a lot of stuff like suitcases, coolers, beach chairs, etc. The E150 van had enough room for everything but parking in ramps with a 6'8" clearance was a big problem. The Flex with all the folding seats will work quite well for our purposes, and we'll be able to park in ramps!

Our Flex is deep metallic blue SE model, so it doesn't have AWD, turbos and all the entertainment features for the kids, but the standard V6 is very peppy.

It's been a long time since I've fallen in love with a vehicle, but that Flex is one sweet machine!

Dick

Reply to
dickr2