A Next Camaro Takes A Step Forward?

Sounds good! At least GM is now publically talking about a new Camaro. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Reply to
NoOption5L

I wonder what brought this on? Duh!

Reply to
John

John,

You got that right! And you know the enthusiats inside GM have to whinning like hell about wanting to get a new Camaro built to steal some of that strong pony car sales.

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L

lmfao real men drive corvettes

hurc ast

Reply to
kenny gee17253

I should point out that the price of those cars was NOT moderate by any strech of the imagination when they went out. Fully outfitted models went for almost $40,000 and when you factor in the insurance (they had twice the accident claims cost as the average Mustang) that "young person" could easily pay for a higher-end American, European or Japanese car (non-sports). The idea of using a Cadillac platform or any components means they're making the same STUPID mistake they made with the GTO; A car whose cost was only exceeded by it's boredom factor.

-Rich

Reply to
RichA

You mean those guys with a bald spot, big paunch and lots of gold chains? Betcha like that don't ya? C'mon bitch, admit it...

The only question for a new Camaro is why? It's a POS, no one wanted it then, what makes GM think anyone will want it now?

Brad

PS: Anyone seen GM's stock lately. They are now firmly placed as #3 in Detroit. GM has reported that they will lose one billion dollars in the next six months. Hey hurc, were you dumb enough to invest in that POS?

Reply to
Brad and Mia

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

I thought GM dumped the Zeta platform. We even read it in here somewhere.

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Reply to
Joe

Sorry to answer my own post, but I knew I read that the Zeta platform was dead:

Joe wrote in news:OyD7e.78868$wo1.24219 @bignews6.bellsouth.net:

debuted

Reply to
Joe

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

The stories in the links I posted are about 3 weeks old.

BTW, Michael, I have to ask you a couple questions about engineering. My son's a high school soph interested in getting into that field. I'll send you an e-mail later on.

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

platform

platform

Cadillac's

Reply to
Joe

Good catch, Joe ;).

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

<memset

I would be happy to help out. I think you have my email address. If not, let me know.

I'm glad to see that he is th> The stories in the links I posted are about 3 weeks old.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Thanks, Michael. Is your correct email the netscape one or the one in your header below?

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Reply to
Joe

At my advanced stage of life I don't remember too much, but I did remember the Zeta thing. Maybe because it made me think of Catherine Zeta-Jones... ;)

wrote in news:xNO7e.1228$JJ2.654 @newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:

platform

platform

departed

Cadillac's

consumers

passenger

Reply to
Joe

Who happens to be quite a looker ;). *Almost* hot enough to make me go to t-mobile..

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

<memset

I'll stay with AT&T (now Cingular) because I get a company discount. But I'll watch the T-Mobile commercials any time... ;)

wrote in news:bFT7e.1275$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:

Reply to
Joe

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

That's the one I've got. Thanks - I'll send something out to you this weekend.