A question about newer Mustangs

Regardless of options, they are nice looking machines. They are supposed to be 4 passenger vehicles (2 adults and 2 munchkins), but I'm wondering; If you fold down the rear seats, is the area open to the trunk, and do they have a "hatchback" type of trunk lid?

Just curious, Dick - 84 Capri 5.0 "bubble back"

Reply to
dickr2

Yes, opens seats to trunk. No, is not a hatchback.

Reply to
Brian V

Quite roomy IMO. I have hauled 8' 2x4's in mine. Evened hauled 12' PVC but it can bend a little.

Reply to
RM v2.0

Waaay back in the 80s, when I was finishing the basement in our new house, I did haul some stuff in that Capri, but I hauled the sheetrock and other stuff in a E150 van that I had at the time. Now, I keep the back seats folded down and treat the Capri as a 2-seater - handy for occasional groceries and other purchases.

I still love that car!

Dick in MN

84 Capri RS 5.0
Reply to
dickr2

... I brought my new 46" TV home in the mustang... ... I have drove new interior doors home in the mustang... (fully closed)

With the seats folded down, theres actually a lot of space in there!

Reply to
Erimikos

People are surprised with what I've had in my '97. I think the biggest/heaviest was the engine hoist. Disassembled of course. trunk fully closed.

Reply to
Brent

wondering if they've improved the convertible.......was somewhat disappointed with my '06: there can't be a pass-through from the trunk as there's a bulkhead, but would have been nice if the rearseat backrest folded down to form a luggage deck since the trunk is useless.

and.....all the car mags said the new for '05 body was longer with the extra length in the back seat. since my front seat backs touch the back seat, its hard to imagine it being any smaller!

Reply to
Itsfrom Click