advice on 64 1/2 engine and transmission check-up / rebuild (san jose, CA)

Hi,

I'm completely restoring a 64 1/2 Mustang.

Has anyone got a recommendation for someone who will do a good job of checking out the original engine and transmission and then do whatever work needs to be done ?

I'm based in the San Jose area in CA.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply to
64.5rebuilder

I would check out Speed Merchant at 345 Lincoln Way in Willow Glen. My dad and I are personal friends with the Owners/management and if I still lived in the area, that's where I would take it.

Good luck with the resto!

Reply to
GT

Head on up to Sacramento. There's a place I go to called American Mustang. It's a family owned business that sells resto parts and does service like that. They do have a month waiting list so keep that in mind.

Reply to
Mark C.

Ok - thanks for the info, I'll give them a try.

Reply to
64.5rebuilder