AFR Heads

We are building a 68 302 AFR heads. The problem is the power steering and a/c brackets use 3/8 thread hardware and the heads have 7/16 thread holes. Any ideas on mounting these besides drilling out the holes in the brackets.

fastback 68

Reply to
Dave

Dave,

You have already answered your own question, you must drill out the holes in the brackets, or add helicoils to the 7/16 thread holes in the new heads to bring them down to 3/8th................I prefer to drill out the original brackets................

Bill S.

Dave wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.