Aftermarket clear corner lights

Have any of you bought any on Ebay, if so, who from and what were the results.

Some of you purists may not approve, but I have the clear ones. I like them and I need to replace them. One has suffered some damage.

If any of you have bought any from a reliable source at a reasonable price, I would sure be grateful for a referral :) Quality is my main concern. The way the rubber is attached and the fit as a whole.

This is the style that I like:

TIA!

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

SVTKate opined in news:G9crd.5229$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Buying on Ebay is simple and a cinch... you simply never buy from anyone who has poor feedback.

Poor feedback is anyone with less that a 95% rating. (Though I try to only deal with 98.5 and above)

Feedback is the seller's life blood. And for a buyer, it gets you credibility when trying to work out problems in a transaction.

So I only buy from volume sellers or guys with a good buying record.

So should you.. That is unless you dont mind rolling dice.

If you dont like the idea of paying through on-line PayPal, almost everyone takes POSTAL money orders.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I have clear corners that I bought of ebay a few years ago. I wanted them to better match the Cobra headlights I also bought off ebay..

Reply to
Richard

After replying I looked at your reference. Mine are like these :

Richard

That's the style I like. Too bad I'm broke! My headlights are in real bad condition.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

<memset

Oh no Kate! Has the car killer daughter struck again?

Reply to
John

Thanks Spike, I don't HAVE a Summit catalog. Didn't give them a change of addy when I moved. I forgot.

As far as the wallpaper joke. You've seen movies where the crazy old woman bricks the body into a wall and then plasters and paints over it....???

Watch your step there bub.

Reply to
SVTKate

Thanks BM, I've been using eBay for nearly 5 years and have only had bad luck on two purchases. One was a set of clear corner lights. The other, a pair of interior door panels. Both issues were eventually resolved.

I am hoping that someone will have bought some and gotten a good good deal on a good product. Rather than "you get what you pay for" and gimmie a good reference for the seller they bought them from.

Reply to
SVTKate

How do you like those Richard? I'd love to see a pic. Do you use clear bulbs in them or amber?

Thanks!

Reply to
SVTKate

YOU ONLY GET TO BUY YOURSELF SO MANY TOYS EACH MONTH!!! Sheesh.. kids....

*wink*
Reply to
SVTKate

No John, Kristen is safely across the country. One of the weatherstrips cracked and came loose on one of the lights. I patched it together about a year ago and forgot it till recently when it came loose again and started flapping in the wind.

Reply to
SVTKate

Here's a picture of mine with Cobra-style headlights. I have the amber bulb. It isn't too noticeable when off, but is plenty colorful when on. No problems with inspection so far here in Texas.

I had to replace the rubber gasket recently (replaced with one from the old corners)...it's only been 3 1/2 years. The other side is doing fine.

DP Pics of the cars:

Dinsdale

SVTKate opined in news:XHird.53$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Sorry, Kate.. I totally misread your post... as Emily used to say on SNL, "Never mind!"

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

OMG! I Loved her!

That was my second favorite phrase, the first being "the look" followed by "Bitch!"

Reply to
SVTKate

Ahhhh... Edgar Allen Poe... A Premature Burial...

Just for that I won't remind you that Summit is online; )

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

That's twice....

Reply to
SVTKate

I think they look great. I installed clear bulb this past summer and I must admit they look ever better. I can't tell from this picture

whether or not the amber bulbs werestill in. This is a close up with the clear bulbs.http://members.shaw.ca/r-manders/headlight-1

Reply to
Richard