Aftermarket Seats??

GT from say 96 to now. Has anyone installed any aftermarket sport seats.. Corbeau, Recaro etc? I don't have a real problem with the OEM seats for comfort, I can drive all day with no aches or pains. I'm just too fricken tall for the headrests to be useful if they're needed in a crash from the rear. Headrest currently comes to the middle of my neck, and that isn't going to do anything for whiplash.

Looking for feedback on install problems, long-distance comfort, durability, whatever..

I'm 6 ft. weigh 230 (a lot of it around the middle) so take that into consideration if you comment on comfort.

Reply to
Jafo

V'ger

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS 225/50ZR-16 tires Petronix Electronic Ignition components oem am radio and am-fm-10cd changer with 7.5" dvd player 120w kick panel speakers Built in San Jose on my birthday, May 10th ; )
Reply to
V'ger
** I'm just too fricken tall for the headrests to be useful if they're needed ** in a crash from the rear. Headrest currently comes to the middle of my neck, ** and that isn't going to do anything for whiplash. ** I'm 6 ft. weigh 230 (a lot of it around the middle) so take that into ** consideration if you comment on comfort.

Have you tried pulling the headrests up a bit? It looks funny, but will keep your head out of the back seat if you're rear-ended. After moving my front seats back an inch (per Mustangworld's mod sheet), I almost ended up with too much room, and I'm 6'0"/2xx myself.

Warmest regards,

-JD

--------------------------------- JD's Locally-Famous Mustang Page: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams--------------------------------- Please note: I use a 'white list' to screen incoming mail. Unless you are on this list, your reply will never reach me. Are you on my white list? If unsure, use 'important-mail' in the subject line.

Reply to
JD Adams

Appreciate the inputs.

Durned things won't lift any higher than 1 inch and thats too low. Being as I opted for the OEM cloth rather than leather because I'm definately going to improve the interior. I'm more inclined to pull the stock ones out and replace with something else. I don't know as yet with what.

Reply to
Jafo

On that note.......anyone with some links to some good aftermarket seats?

Iggy

96 GT Vert
Reply to
Iggy

Most of the parts classic Mustang catalogs have aftermarket seats so you could check 'em out online at places like

national parts depot, etc. Might check the ads in various auto magazines. Some makers are Scat, Flowfit, Recarro.... a Google search she get you to outfits which carry the lines.

H>GT from say 96 to now.

V'ger

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS 225/50ZR-16 tires Petronix Electronic Ignition components oem am radio and am-fm-10cd changer with 7.5" dvd player 120w kick panel speakers Built in San Jose on my birthday, May 10th ; )
Reply to
V'ger
** Appreciate the inputs. ** ** Durned things won't lift any higher than 1 inch and thats too low. ** Being as I opted for the OEM cloth rather than leather because I'm ** definately going to improve the interior. I'm more inclined to pull the ** stock ones out and replace with something else. I don't know as yet with ** what.

You can always shim the seat mounts to lift the driver's seat up a bit.

-JD

Reply to
JD Adams

Hi All,

Well my partner and I own a business in Hawkesbury Ontario Canada and we have a nice variety of aftermarket seats for sale at a reasonable price. If anyone is interested, you can e-mail me snipped-for-privacy@motionsuppliersplus.com or my partner Daniel snipped-for-privacy@motionsuppliersplus.com and it would be our pleasure to try to help you guys out.

Steph (85 GT)

Steph