Aftermarket stereo hookup on 94 GT w/premium sound

My girlfriend got a new car and gave me the stereo out of her old one... I hooked it up to my my car using the wiring harness clips for the premium sound setup, and it sounds great... except that on some songs, there will be a sound (sometimes vocals, or a guitar riff, etc., depends on the song) that's isolated from the main music that I can BARELY hear... I know the sound is there because I hear it if I listen to the CD on any other stereo. My balance and fade controls work the way they should, and I have all the wires hooked up to the harness clip correctly according to their color coding. Is there a center channel that I need to hook up that I mised or something? What could be causing this?

James

Reply to
LoTekGuru

Why do you feel it is the radio? You said: "I hear it if I listen to the CD on any other stereo."

If that is the case, it is the cd and not the radio...alittle more info would help.

Thanks,

Shane

Reply to
Shane Metzler

I feel it's the radio because if I listen to the cd on other stereos and I

*do* hear someth> Why do you feel it is the radio? You said:
Reply to
LoTekGuru

One of your stereo channels is inverted. Double-check your speaker connections on your wiring harness. You have the positive and negative wires flip-flopped on one.

Mark

Reply to
nerdymark

If you move the fader or balance during the problem event and the sound returns, one speaker somewhere has reverse polarity and they cancel each other out. Since you mentioned the problem is "sometimes vocals, or a guitar riff" it's most likely a small midrange speaker.

Reply to
Mike King

Reply to
LoTekGuru

I remember reading on my Crutchfield wiring harness adapters instructions that on some of the Mustangs the left and right front speaker returns were reversed. To check this you were supposed to take the + and - wires of the what you thought was the left or right front speaker and touch them to a 1.5 volt battery and listen for noise. Noise = good / no noise = wrong wire.

Reply to
Ironrod